Missions and Aims of the CCP
The Connected Communities Project vision is for rural people to seek and receive appropriate help when suicidal thoughts occur, and for those whose lives are touched by suicide to be supported by the community at large.
Established in 2013, the Connected Communities Project is a non-profit initiative aimed at providing reducing rates of rural suicide and improving community and professional responses to suicide. We at CCP understand how hard it can be to ask for help and access appropriate services in rural areas and aim to provide a comprehensive service to meet the needs of the local community via a dedicated team of professionals and volunteers.
Significantly reduce rates of completed suicides and suicide attempts in rural areas by:
- Increasing rural knowledge about the issue of suicide and self-injurious behaviour
- Improving local awareness of services that can assist with suicidality and crisis
- Reducing stigmatisation of those whose lives have been touched by suicide
- Improving rates of help-seeking amongst those in crisis
- Increasing the level of support for those bereaved by suicide